Monday, December 10, 2012

Blogscaping

If you've been checking in on the blog after being gone for a while, you'll notice I've made some changes.  I'm engaging in some "Blogscaping" this week.

I've reviewed a lot of books since I began keeping this blog for class several years back.  While I've always kept posts tagged, I was noticing that it's hard to find books.  Even though I keep a list of tags on the side of the blog, if you're trying to look back for something, or find a related title, you are going to have a hard time finding anything with this arrangement.

So, I'm switching things up a little.  I will continue to review books in the regular blog stream.  No change there.

I'm adding tabs across the top of the page by genre.  Each page will include a list of the books I've reveiwed in that genre, with a perma-link to the original post. 

I'm trying to make the list alphabetical for easy access, but as I'm tacking this in possibly the most inefficient way in history, you'll see the lists appear first in the order that I find them as I search back through the posts.  Then, when I get time, I'll come back and alphebetize the lists in order to make it easier to find books.

I do read a lot of books over the course of a month.  Some of them are adult fiction.  Since this is a young adult page, I don't review them here unless if I feel they are a worthy crossover book that older teens might enjoy reading. Some are children's books.  While I enjoy those immensely, I'm not going to review those on a young adult blog, either.

Any book that I've posted in here, I've read from cover to cover, and I enjoyed reading it.  I feel it's worthy of drawing someone's attention to this book.  I'm hoping that someone else will find the same value and enjoyment of the book that I did.

I'm currently debating whether or not to keep the list of tags down the side of the page.  That list is getting long, and unwieldly, and I'm not sure it's worth keeping the list...  Only time will tell whether I keep that little fixture!

-Bettina

No comments:

Post a Comment