Monday, January 9, 2023

2022: A Year (of books) in Review

It has been quite a book year for me! I started the year on the National Book Committee, where I had the great honor of reading newly published books So many awesome, wonderful books, I cannot even begin to keep track of them all here. Those books were heaven sent. I was put onto the committee at the beginning of March 2020 and the steady stream of book boxes showing up at my doorstep when the rest of the world was shut down saved my sanity! 


I have a most beautiful spreadsheet that I used to track every book I read, my comments about each book, and how I thought that book would fall into my life in the library. After 2 years, I rotated off that committee in March. I then found my way onto another book committee – but this one is at the state level. This has kept me busy, but not as busy. I have been able to savor the books I am reading more at this level! 


I took part in a Manga Reading Challenge during July. I don’t normally read Manga, and this challenge got me out of my comfort zone and reading a new to me format. After reading 96 books in July, I found a new appreciation for Manga. I know that I prefer to read “slice of life” stories, but a really good fantasy will hold my attention across multiple volumes! 


Over the next few weeks, I am going to highlight some of my favorite books that I read this year. The scope of my committee work has been Elementary School (mid-grade books) so a lot of what I’ve read doesn’t fall into the parameters of a blog that was originally designed for Young Adult Readers. I admit that I stretched out the parameters to include tweens during the pandemic, but I intend to focus more on books that are solid YA Reads over this next year. 


I’m looking forward to this year. I have many things I would like to do. At the top of this list is making certain that I publish something in this blog weekly. I have the list of the books I’ve read over the last two years. I have so much Manga that I need to review. And more than a few graphic novels!  


I am looking forward to this next year in books!  


Thanks for journeying with me! 


My Owl, Freda, dressed up all fancy for a scavenger hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment